www.latina-latino.com

Saturday, November 27, 2010

(CS4U) He Forgets!



 

He Forgets!

 

No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."
Jeremiah 31:34

 

This phrase at the end of Jeremiah 31:34 is amazing. The God who is omniscient – the One who knows all – decides to forget some of the stuff He knows. That's the great news at the heart of this new covenant: God promises to remember our sins no more.

What are some of the things in your life you hope God might forget? Choices you've made? Places you've stepped backward, when you felt God called you to step forward? Words you've spoken that you can't take back? Shameful memories of failure, weakness, or unfaithfulness?

When we confess our sins we are saying, "God, I know You think of this as sin. I want You to know I do as well. This wasn't anybody else's fault or a little slip or 'just me being me.' This was me trying to be You – trying to be god of my own life, maker of my own rules. And that's sin."

The great news of the new covenant introduced in Jeremiah 31 is God chose to forget and forgive our sin. We praise Him because He knows, because He rules, because He judges, because He loves, because He is, and because... He forgets! Imagine that.

 

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, I am sorry for the times that I tried to be You – tried to be god of my own life, maker of my own rules. Thank You for sending your Son Jesus Christ to die for my sins and to rise again victorious over sin, death and the evil one. Thank You for forgiving my wickedness and remembering my sins no more. Empower me by Your Holy Spirit to live for You and honor You in all I do, say and think. I pray this in Jesus' Name. Amen




--
 IMPORTANT: When you send ANY email message, INSERT the email addresses in the "Bcc:" line - INSTEAD OF THE "To:" line. If you forward this email, PLEASE delete any previous address history at the top of the message, which includes my email address!! These 2 actions help prevent SPAMMERS from mining the addresses and propagating VIRUSES. I ALWAYS delete yours ... PLEASE do the same for me, before you send it on. Thank You, Toni.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: