www.latina-latino.com

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Re: (CS4U) Update on Aaron, my son..

Oh, pk so glad to hear from you.  That happened to my brother.  He had HA's for years and I kept telling him it was his BP.  Well, it was and he finally went on meds.  I pray Aaron gets out of that cycle and is able to continue with the meds.
HUGS,
Toni

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:34 AM, pk <pkshere@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you all for your prayers!!
 
Aaron is okay.  He had had a headache for three days.  He rarely has headaches, and to
have one for three days, well, he was in a lot of pain and couldn't get any relief. 
 
Come to find out that several years ago his primary doc had diagnosed him with hypertension - high blood pressure and put him on medication.  I suspect this was when
he'd been laid off due to plant closure and was going to school because he made the comment that he didn't have the money to renew the Rx so he quit taking it. 
 
Flash forward and we're sitting in the ER because he's having this debilitating headache and his usual 'cures' weren't working.  A dose of tylenol and a gallon of green tea are usually what he does and the few headaches he has had are gone in 15 minutes.  This had been going on for three days.  
 
After 3 hours of waiting...with 6 other people in the waiting room, I went up to the desk
to inquire when he might be seen.  A mom and her pregnant teen daughter had just come in, along with an infant with a temp of 103 that that mom couldn't get to come down...I
knew Aaron would be made to wait till after they were seen because of the triage method that is used in the ER.  The receptionist told me they were short-staffed...wrong thing to say to this nurse who worked with the public for over 20 years.  I looked at her and I said, "you never tell the public that you're short-staffed." 
She repeated what she'd said and I said, "No, I'm a nurse and you never, ever tell the public you're short-staffed, and I'm sure your supervisor would agree."  She then told me that all of the rooms in the ER were full.  They'd had a couple of ambulances come in since Aaron had been there.  I told her that his headache was getting worse...that he was having shooting pain.  I also told her that I figured he'd get pushed back due to the other two cases that had just come in.  But I wanted her to know that he was getting worse.  She called back and spoke with the unit secretary, advised her of his
condition.
 
Well, they took the baby first, but Aaron was called next and within 15 minutes of going back to the exam room he'd seen the doc, whom I know, had cardiac enzymes drawn, an ekg done, was taken for a CT scan ahd had a dose of Labetalol.  The next
3 1/2 hours were spent waiting for his diastolic blood pressure to come down.  He was given another dose of Labetalol and, finally, it was down to 95, and then went back up over 100.  After it had stayed under 100 for 45 minutes then he was discharged.  So, at 10:20pm we were on our way.  Had to stop at WalMart to pick up Valentine's for my grandson, drop me off at home...my border had taken me up there...then he and my granddaughter had to go to Walgreen's to pick up his Rx and fill the car with gas.  My granddaughter is 15 and has her driving permit so she'd driven Aaron to the hospital.  She has decided she hates night driving LOL   Aaron and I were giving her gentle corrections as she drove.  She took everything very well.  They didn't get home till after 11pm so she didn't go to school the next day...because her mom wouldn't drive her to school so she could sleep an extra hour or so.  Smart girl knew she wouldn't be productive on less than 6 hours sleep.
 
Aaron still had the headache yesterday, but he did go to work.  He designs train engines for Caterpillar, Inc and had some project that he had to be there to oversee.
I spoke with him last night and asked how he was doing.  Still had the headache.  I told him he needed to break the cycle he was in...pain = elevated blood pressure = increased pain = anxiety = an increase in blood pressure, ad infinitum.  He has codeine for pain (he has gout), and I knew it wouldn't have an adverse reaction with the Labetalol so I told him to take one to get out of that cycle.  I haven't spoken with him today but I will check with him in about an hour, when he goes to lunch, to see how he's doing.
 
Again, thank you so much for all your prayers!!
 
((hugs))
pk

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: