www.latina-latino.com

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Re: (CS4U) What Are You Becoming?

Wow, that's some message!

On 12/16/10, Toni Obodzinski <obodzinski@gmail.com> wrote:
> *What Are You Becoming?*
>
>
>
> In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of
> him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,
> Ephesians 1:11
>
>
>
> In the Bay of Naples there is a jellyfish that loves to swallow a certain
> snail. But the snail has a hard shell and the jellyfish cannot digest it. So
> the snail fastens itself to the inside of the jellyfish and slowly begins to
> eat away at it. By the time the snail is fully-grown, it has consumed the
> entire jellyfish. Understand this: a lot of the things we think we can
> handle, finish up consuming us - things like appetites, overwork, stress,
> greed, or simply the aimlessness of our lives; there is a real killer!
>
> Fred Smith, author of* Learning to Lead*, once sent his friends a letter
> with three questions: 1) am I enjoying what I am doing? 2) am I happy with
> where I am going? 3) am I satisfied with what I am becoming? One of his
> friends, a top Wall Street broker, called him back and said, 'When I read
> the question, 'Am I satisfied with what I am becoming?' I said, 'absolutely
> not!' I am tired of grabbing the Wall Street Journal first thing every
> morning like it is my Bible. My life has no real meaning outside of my
> investments, so today I liquidated them all; I am quitting! Tomorrow I am
> beginning a new life and I want to thank you for giving me the courage to do
> it.' Do not end your life feeling empty, having your insides eaten away by a
> quest for things that cannot satisfy. God has a wonderful plan for you. (See
> Jeremiah 29:11). Spend time with Him today and let Him tell you about it.
>
>
>
> *Prayer
> **Heavenly Father, help me conform to the purpose of your will – help me to
> follow the passion you have instilled in me and go away from that which is
> eating me alive! In Jesus' Name, Amen*
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
> To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.
>
>


--
IMPORTANT: When you send ANY email message, INSERT the email addresses
in the "Bcc:" line - INSTEAD OF THE "To:" line. If you forward this
email, PLEASE delete any previous address history at the top of the
message, which includes my email address!! These 2 actions help
prevent SPAMMERS from mining the addresses and propagating VIRUSES. I
ALWAYS delete yours ... PLEASE do the same for me, before you send it
on.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: