www.latina-latino.com

Thursday, March 3, 2011

(CS4U) Long day at the Medical Center

God is good, and He always answers our prayers.
Sometimes, his answers are not the ones that we want but His answers are always best for us.
 
I will not have to have hip surgery. I will regain the mobility that I had up until a week ago. The pain is better today, but I have to rest a bit more than I want to  BUT it will continue to improve over the next 6-8 weeks.
 
 
Some humor, Christelle went with me to see the Orthopedic Surgeon. She injected my hip with Lidocaine and cortisone. I knew what was coming after so many years in nursing....so I made myself lay very still, as the initial placement of the needle into the hip socket is done without anesthesia.....So, I am mentally adjusting to this uncomfortable proceedure, and Christelle ( who is sitting across the room) laughs and says, mama you would not believe the size of the needle that she ( the Dr) is using !!
Which made me laugh and took my mind off the discomfort........
 
 
There are new patches that you use on joints these days that have an anti-inflamatory medication in them. You wear them for 12 hours then take them off for 12 hours.
 
 
I will , also be doing 6 weeks of Physical Therapy that is targeted at  my lower back. ( which seems to be the source of the neurological pain, numbness in my left leg and foot.)
 
 
Today, I saw the Gastro Dr and set up the appt for the colonoscopy.
 
Then saw the receptionist , and set appts/did paperwork for the Physical therapy.
 
Finally, I repeated my cardiac ultrasound.
 
On the way home, I went to the drug store, and waited for all my prescriptions.
I did not pick up the patches for my hip, I am using the last sample, tonight and will see if they will be affordable tomorrow.
 
The weather has been so moderate the past few days, but today was in the 50's and suppose to go down tonight.....so we may have to wear jackets again.
 
I am pretty worn out, this eve.....so I am going to call it an early night.
 
Love to everyone
sue
 
 
 
 

No comments: