www.latina-latino.com

Friday, December 3, 2010

(CS4U) Forget Not God



 

Forget Not God

 

But they soon forgot what he had done and did not wait for his counsel.
Psalms 106:13

 

God is not beyond feeling 'used' by His children, especially when they act like university students who only call home when the money runs low. There is a sad theme running through the Old Testament; God blesses His children, then they forget Him. He blesses them again and they forget Him again. Listen: "He saved them for His name's sake. He rebuked the Red Sea, and it dried up. He saved them from the hand of the foe. Then they believed His promises and sang His praise. But they soon forgot what He had done and did not wait for His counsel" (Psalm 106:8-13). Why do we keep forgetting God? One man said, "I was partying pretty heavily and allowed my life to get out of control." Another lady said, "Things got really busy at work. Greed got its hooks into me and making money became the driving force in my life." A student said, "I got totally self absorbed. Before I knew it, I became the centre of my own universe and God got pushed off the side." Whatever the details, sin creates an ever-widening gap in our relationship with God. The wider the gap the less likely we are to pray and the less we pray the wider the gap becomes. So how can you keep this from happening to you? By making prayer and Bible reading the highest priority in your day!

 

Prayer
Heavenly Father – help me to Keep the Main thing the Main Thing – YOU! Forgive me when I have not and have been absorbed in myself. In Jesus' Name, Amen




--
 IMPORTANT: When you send ANY email message, INSERT the email addresses in the "Bcc:" line - INSTEAD OF THE "To:" line. If you forward this email, PLEASE delete any previous address history at the top of the message, which includes my email address!! These 2 actions help prevent SPAMMERS from mining the addresses and propagating VIRUSES. I ALWAYS delete yours ... PLEASE do the same for me, before you send it on. Thank You, Toni.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: