www.latina-latino.com

Monday, April 4, 2011

(CS4U) Start Showing Some Gratitude


 
Start Showing Some Gratitude

Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men
Psalms 107:8

The Psalmist writes: "Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord." Notice the word 'would'; a thankful attitude is a choice you make. You choose your attitude just like you choose your diet or your underwear. There is plenty to be grateful for. 'Yeah, but there is plenty to complain about too.' The point exactly - you have a choice to make. Robinson Crusoe spent 27 years shipwrecked on a tropical island. Here is part of his journal entry (paraphrased). We will call his lists, The Gripe List & The Gratitude List. Gripe: 'I am stuck on this desert island without hope.' Gratitude: 'I was not drowned like the rest of my ship's company.' Gripe: 'I have no clothes.' Gratitude: 'I am in a hot climate, if I'd clothes I could not wear them.' Gripe: 'I have no way to protect myself from man or beast.' Gratitude: 'I see no wild beasts here to hurt me as I saw on the coast of Africa. What if I'd been shipwrecked there'' Gripe: 'I have nobody to talk to.' Gratitude: 'God sent the ship in near enough to the shore that I have gotten out so many necessary things as will enable me to supply myself as long as I live.' That is powerful stuff! If you can grasp it and put it into practice, it will keep you from becoming a card-carrying member of the Old Testament wilderness club known as 'The Murmurers'. Our attitude is just a decision we make about how we are going to approach things. It is not Disney World thinking to focus on the good things of life, it is wisdom!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Help me to look at the Blessings I have and not view only the negatives! The blessings from you FAR outreach the negatives in my life. In Jesus name, Amen

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: