www.latina-latino.com

Monday, January 17, 2011

(CS4U) : Learning To Receive



 

Learning To Receive

 

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

 

We are so accustomed to 'working' for everything that we struggle to get what God wants us to freely receive. God is always pouring out His blessing. As empty, thirsty vessels we must learn to open our hearts to what He freely offers. Listen: "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace" (Hebrews 4:16). To 'get' is to obtain by effort. To 'receive' is simply to accept what is being offered. Jesus came to deliver us from struggling, not invite us to a new way of struggling under the banner of Christianity. We need to realize that all of God's blessings are given because of grace, and received by faith. One noted Bible teacher writes: "Every time I became frustrated it was because I was trying to do something in my own strength instead of putting my trust in God and receiving His grace (help). I was always trying to 'do' something and leaving God out of the loop. I tried to change myself, my family, circumstances I did not like, even make my ministry grow. But God will never permit us to succeed without Him. If He did, we would take all the credit. Finally I learned to pray for what I needed and allowed God to provide it His way, in His timing. When I did, I entered into His rest." If we are to live victoriously, we must: a) realize our importance to God and b) learn to count on His grace. He is more than willing to help us, if we will only let go of our independent attitudes.

 

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for FREELY giving me all that I need. Help me trust and rely on you in all that I do. In Jesus name, Amen


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: