www.latina-latino.com

Friday, January 28, 2011

(CS4U) Praying For Those You Resent



 

Praying for Those You Resent

 

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
Luke 6:27-28

 

Is there someone you really resent? Maybe they are in your life to teach you something! Melody Beattie writes: 'Years ago I felt I was meant to work at the Stillwater Gazette, but when a job opened up they hired Abigail. I'd always been taught to pray for those you resent, so I prayed for her. Sometimes 3-4 times a day - that is how much I disliked her! Eventually I landed a job at the Gazette, but not the one I wanted. Abigail had that - plus all the best assignments! So I kept praying, 'God bless Abigail'; it is all I knew to do. Then after watching her I realized she was quick, efficient, a good interviewer, so I began to push myself, thinking, 'If she can do it, so can I!' Abigail was actually inspiring me! Eventually I stopped resenting her and we became friends. Soon afterwards I got an offer from a publisher to write a book and when it became a New York Times best-seller, I was glad I hadn't gotten Abigail's job or I'd never have had the time to write my book!' God says, ''Love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, respond with prayer for that person.'' Certain people are in your life to show you what you are capable of. The ones you perceive as your 'thorn' actually teach you things you need to learn. So stop resenting them, start praying for them and watch what happens!

 

Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to love those whom I do not like. Help me to pray for them and seek their good. In Jesus' Name, Amen


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: