www.latina-latino.com

Thursday, January 27, 2011

(CS4U) Re: Wednesday in Maryland

Prayers continue to be said for you, Paul, and Carl.  I will add Lee and his family to those prayers.  My nephew is stationed at Fort Knox KY.  He's EOD. 
 
So glad to see you back online!  Oh, I'm happy that Christelle is planning a happy occasion to mark that date!!  My niece got married on the date after my dad died, and
my son got married on the date before he died.  That definitely makes that time of year a time for happiness tather than overwhelming grief, which is what my sister has done
for years.
 
Sounds like you have a full medical schedule ahead of you!!  Extra prayers for all those
appointments!!  LOL @ new shoes :)
 
Gotta scoot!  Today is the day I have to go to court as a witness for Larry in the child
custody case.  Please pray! 
 
((hugs))
pk
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 1/26/2011 9:03:44 PM
Subject: Wednesday in Maryland
 
It has been a month since I have spent any real time online.
We lost our Internet carrier and elected to catch up the bills before we had Internet reinstalled.
Mentally, there has been so very much going on that I have had to REALLY focus to remain sane through it all.
I will try to do a quick catch up on all the changes.
 
First Paul's Mom died and he flew out to Idaho.
He needs prayers as he tries to work through all the problems with his brother.
So . Please remember Paul and Carl in prayer.
Carl has continued to drink, and has finally been stopped for DUI. He has a court date.
Paul is praying that the judge will make treatment, and AA a required part of the judgement.
The house is in both of their names, and Carl does not want to sell. Carl has no job, so there is a mountain of problems facing Paul.
I do not anticipate Paul being free from all the turmoil in Idaho for quite a long time.
 
I will be remaining here in Maryland, Christelle and I have a 2 year lease. We are comfortable in this home.....she has full reign of the downstairs and I have the same upstairs.
Recently, we have been sitting upstairs in the living room for a couple hours in the evening.
She is knitting, while I crochet.
I do most Of the cooking but we rotate kitchen clean up.
 
I had some adjustments in my medical regime when Darvocet was pulled off the market. After researching the recall, I recognized .....Mama was on it when she died and the cardiac problems that she experienced that caused her death is the same that is typical of the deaths caused by the drug.
 
After praying for my son ,Lee, for the last couple years( since I left Fl), he contacted me and then came to visit the first week of Jan. He wanted me to know that he had finally gotten his act pulled together ( first time since his Daddy's death ). He has been staying in contact since last fall....
He is in the Army and was on his way to Afghanistan for 18 months.
Please remember him in your prayers, Lee Johnson.
Rachel, his wife , is a delightful girl.....I credit her with a lot of the improvements that I see in Lee. She found out that they expecting the week after he left. We are thinking PINK....
He has 2 boys from his previous, and she has 1 son.
She had planned to have her tubes tied in March........so I guess that will wait until next year, lol.
She plans to move her when school lets out, to have the baby. I think that she is leaving everything in storage in Ky until his return. I think he has a year left in Ky with this squadron
After their return.
I am praying for Lee's safety, and that he and his family will return to the Lord.
I am excited about Rachel being here and praying about our Christian influence.
(Both of them have gotten involved with the Oprah theology. Groan........)
 
OK, health status updates......The rhuematologist has put me back on Methotrexate. I take it once a week. It has been very effective in curving the pain to a tolerable level.
I have a GU/GI appt coming up for a colonoscopy.......
An apt with a foot doc , probably changes from the rheumatoid, or the fibro.....extreme sensitivity to the bottoms of my feet. Maybe, I will get some comfortable shoes after this, eh?? 
A cardiology appt to assess for damage done by the darvocet. They are now saying that it probably was the cause of my stroke.....
An opthamology exam and some new glasses by March.
A GYN appt  and a mammogram.......
Then my routine RA appt, and Internal med appt.
 
Christelle and Jim have finally set a date after a year of dating......Good Friday.
That was the day that Oneida died 10 years ago, and Chris has hated the day since then......
But I guess the VA has helped her make some wonderful strides, because she is ready to have something good and wonderful replace the depression that date normally brings.
She has flair ups with her Lupus from time to time. Has learned to pace herself, as fatigue is a trigger.
 
I am presently doing 2 intense Bible studies. One is the Crown Ministry study about finances and the second one is Hebrews.....both are 2 hour classes once a week.
 
I am praising our Father for each of you, and for the wonderful blessings that he has given us.
Over the next few days I will be attempting to catch up with my email.
 
Love you all,
sue
 
 

No comments: