www.latina-latino.com

Sunday, March 20, 2011

(CS4U) Directions

Directions

"I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes."
Psalm 119:59

It seems like a lot of Christians want to find God's direction for their lives, but many overlook the most obvious directional device God has provided: the Bible. It's our textbook for wisdom and understanding. It's our formula for dealing with problems. It's our road map for when we have lost our way.

God's directions for our life – or His "will" – can be divided into two categories: His universal will and His specific will. God's universal will is clear and indisputable because it is spelled out in His Word. Its God's will, for example, that you trust Christ for salvation, obey your parents, share your faith, remain sexually pure, pray, and so on. God's specific will includes details like whom God wants you to date and marry, what college you should attend, and what career God wants you to choose.

You won't find a verse in the Bible that says something like, "You shall attend State University and prepare for a career as a fruit-fly breeder," or "You shall date and marry that cute girl you met at the health club." But as you commit yourself to following the universal directions God put into the Bible, He will start showing you His specific directions for you.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, You speak to me through Your Word. Help me to seek Your guidance in all areas of my life by opening the Bible and reading. Open my eyes to see what it is that You want me to see. Open my ears to hear what it is that You want me to hear. Through the power of the Holy Spirit empower me to commit to follow Your universal direction for my life so that I can also understand your specific directions. I pray this in Jesus' Name. Amen

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: