www.latina-latino.com

Monday, May 2, 2011

(CS4U) Holiness

 
 

RISE AND SHINE CHRISTIAN SERVICES

May 3, 2011

Discover yourself to reclaim your destiny

Meditations for your quiet moments

Holiness Is a Reasonable Request

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:15–16

Peter says we're to be holy, just as our heavenly Father is holy. Isn't that impossible, particularly when we know no matter how hard we work to be holy, we'll still fall short of the glory of God? Isaiah's vision of heaven helps me understand how this works: An angel-seraph sings out, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." Isaiah 6:3. Isaiah's response is, "Woe to me! . . . I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips." Isaiah 6:5

Keep in mind, this is Isaiah, the VIP of prophets, saying, "Woe to me!" Yet, as he moves into God's holy light, Isaiah sees quite clearly that his righteous acts are nothing more than filthy rags. Isaiah 64:6 He says, in effect, "All that I've done hasn't come anywhere near covering my guilt and sin. Lord, I cannot match your holiness." Just then, one of the angel-seraphs flies to Isaiah with a glowing hot coal from heaven's altar. He touches it to Isaiah's lips and says, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for." Isaiah 6:7

Share this with a friend

Send us your Prayer Requests

Feel free to unsubscribe

risetoshine@hotmail.co.uk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: