www.latina-latino.com

Monday, May 2, 2011

Re: (CS4U) CHEMO-THERAPY

Thank you Sue for telling us. I didn't even know she was ill. Bren 
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 05/02/11 10:50:31
Subject: (CS4U) CHEMO-THERAPY
 
From our wonderful sister Simon (Jill) who has been a part of our group for years.
She has unsubbed during this crisis but will continue to send me updates.
Hugs
SueO
 
For some of you, you already know that I am doing chemo now.  Please excuse this if it's old info.  My original date was April 14 in Wenatchee. 

I decided to cancel and just do the same supplements and add hypethermia to see what improvements happened for a few weeks.

I contacted my doctor first - to cancel my April 14 date, and told them I would reschedule later.  Later didn't really happen, not for me.  My doctor got a hold of me as soon as he could and tried to talk me back into the chemo.  He acted as if I'd never cancelled.

Here is part of my email I should have sent to you to let you know I was back "on" for chemo.  This is after I'd cancelled by phone to the Wenatchee Valley Clinic for the next day, April 14.  I just didn't get around to mailing it till  now, and I apologize to you for this:

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let me tell you what happened last night (April 13).  Terry and I were talking and I was also on the computer, reading my email.  My doc is named Dr. Tucker, he wrote me a letter saying he wish I'd reconsider before it was too late. 

I read it to Terry and then Terry said "lets go to Wenatchee tomorrow." 

I emailed back to the doctor asking for my Thursday appt. back, then called the clinic back.  Got an answering service lady and told her what I wanted.  My doctor was on call and she got him on the phone.  He said he would work fast to arrange it.  He called this morning to say "get over here" around 11am (my original day and time).
 
I took my first chemo today, it lasted for 4.5 hrs and all went well.  I was a half hour behind my neighbor's time.  Nice to have her there to talk to, he son also was there. 

I will continue the other remedies I've started.  We tried the hot tub, the sauna, and heat pads.  I had trouble with the body temps when they started raising.  I didn't get up to 102 F and it was too hot for me.
 
We decided right there that we would not spend anymore time on just hyperthermia, but instead combine it with the chemo therapy.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's been a hectic time between April 14 and today, Friday April 29 - but I expected that.  My neighbor Rosie was happy I changed my mind, she a huge support for me and a very strong lady.  She is 71yrs old by the way. 

I got her and her neighbor to help me out taking some good hair photos of me because . . . . I know I will be loosing all this whiteness soon, in fact it started yesterday - coming out a bit.  I really don't have a lot all together, it just looks like I do because of the white.

Yes I did get sick a few times, pains here and there.  But between you my family, and friends I've made it and I'm ready for another session next week.  May 5th is the day.  Moses Lake this time.

Thank you for your patience and love, I sure appreciate you.
Jill


 

 
 
FREE Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!

No comments: