www.latina-latino.com

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Re: (CS4U) Re: In a bad place

Toni, thanks for the prayers. I have to remind myself that I still have a choice in how I feel and act. What Becca has along with ADHD is ODD which is Oppositional Defiant Disorder which means that I need to learn new coping skills. She throws tantrums, misunderstands others actions, needs very concrete directions, wants to know the littlest details and the word defiant says a lot. There is not a medication for this it is all behavior and the fact that she is 12 and that brings just plain 12 yr old behavior. Yes, it is a struggle to be sure, but I am growing up and learning new things everyday. She is a very smart kid, but at the same time she behaves much younger in her emotions than others her age. God is still God and I can not and do not want to ever forget that.
Love, bren 
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: ToniO
Date: 5/3/2011 5:07:34 PM
Subject: (CS4U) Re: In a bad place
 
Bren,
I will be praying for and Becca. I must be behind since we saw many
kids with ADD,ADHD, OCD.... Very often the kids were very smart and
therefore bored. I have not heard of OCC. Is she on any meds for this?
I'd just be careful with some of the meds they give to kids these
days. Is grief counseling part of any of this? I know not being able
to get out is depressing in itself. I am happy that Spring is here so
I can go out more with Cupid. Are you able to go for little walks?
Maybe Becca is going through her own grief and has lost interest in
things.  That's a lot of labels to put on a 12 year old. 12 can be a
difficult age for girl's to begin with. I had a pastor once tell me
years ago to come talk to him instead / also and it helped. I liked
LuAnn's post. You will both be in my prayers.
Love & HUGS,
Toni
 
wrote:
> Hi friends, since I am no longer getting out and around people much the depression is sinking in again. Also my counselor and I took Becca to evaluated by the pychic we only see once a year and now it comes out she still has ADHD and now ODD (oppositonal deviant disorder) then just being 12. I really don't know if I can handle this right now. I am and always have been and inconsistant person so who knows. Sorry for spelling. Bren
>
>  DragonfliesPink111.jpg
> 153KViewDownload
>
>  ~BevzBitzFooterBlinkie3323.gif
> 3KViewDownload
>
>  imstp_animation_monkey_en_020908.gif
> 55KViewDownload
 
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.
 
Art by Trina Clark
Font: Twinkle Star
 
 
FREE Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!

No comments: