www.latina-latino.com

Friday, November 19, 2010

(CS4U) November 19 - I Need No Other Argument

 
 
 
Days of Praise
I Need No Other Argument
November 19, 2010
 
"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins." (Colossians 1:13-14)
 
Each of the four verses of the majestic hymn "My Faith Has Found a Resting Place" repeats the theme that Christ's blood was shed on our behalf, and it is enough. Nothing else remains to be done. The final verse adds perspective to the other three:
 
My great Physician heals the sick, The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed, For me His life He gave.
I need no other argument, I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died, And that He died for me.
 
Christ was certainly "the great physician," for He "went about all Galilee, . . . healing all manner of sickness" (Matthew 4:23). But His ministry was not only to the physically ill, for as He said, God "hast sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives" (Luke 4:18). His mission was a deeper one, that of healing the sin-sickness of the soul. "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" (Mark 2:17). "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10).
 
As we read in our text, "we have redemption through His blood," and through His blood alone. As a result, we have "forgiveness of sins," we are "delivered from the power of darkness," and we are given a home in "the kingdom of his dear Son."
 
And there we will join in singing "a new song, saying, Thou art worthy . . . for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation" (Revelation 5:9). He has done it all, and He has done it "for me!" JDM
 
Print this article | More Days of Praise articles
 

 
Institute for Creation Research | 1806 Royal Lane | Dallas | TX | 75229
 
 
Powered by phplist. This email was sent to pkshere@gmail.com. To unsubscribe, change your email address, or update your subscription, please go to www.icr.org/change



 

No comments: