www.latina-latino.com

Friday, December 10, 2010

(CS4U) Friday in Md.

Christelle and Paul left here about 7am. They had one stop to make at the bank, closer to DC.
His flight time was 12:10pm, at Reagan National Airport.
They were driving up to the shuttle area parking the car and going by Metro to RNA.
 
Christelle has been using the metro each time she goes to DC for about 6 mths. This was Paul's first time.
He said it was wonderful......driving in DC is a nightmare. DC has a really nice metro system, they did have to change lines from the yellow to green, as Reagan airport is in Arlington, Va. ( on the water across from DC).
Dules International Airport is in metro DC area.
Baltimore International is the easiest to access by car.
 
It is so confusing when you are buying a ticket. As all 3 are listed as DC airports, LOL....
The ticket that Wes sent has 2 major lay overs, an hour in Atlanta, and an hour and half in Milwaukee. He will not arrive in Boise , Idaho before 12:30 am (their time).......
 
I am glad that we have figured out a way to go into DC without fighting the traffic and getting lost !!
The metro seems to b e the service that most of our friends use.
 
Amber only works until 1pm, today. I have to take Dakota up to the shop for Amber to trim her hair before 1pm.
Dakota will be going to her Dad's this eve. She had a half day of school today.
 
Lane has band practice after school and then he is bringing a friend home with him, to spend the night.
Jim is also expected to be driving in tonight. Then Jim, Christelle, Amber will drive the 2 boys to New Jersey in the am for their try outs for the Raider's drum and bugle corp.
Sat eve, I believe, Chris, Amber, and Dakota are invited to a very nice Christmas dinner on base being given by one of the Defense Contractors.
Sat will definitely be a BUSY day for them.
 
I admit to being a bit shell shocked, and will kinda have to adjust to major changes for my holiday plans.
Chris has asked me to go to Ohio with her, but I would have to find a dog sitter, really a house sitter, as we have 2 puppies, and 3 that are 5 year old, and an 10 year old......all Chihuahuas.
Jon, Dakota's daddy has asked me to go to their house for the Christmas day, and I guess that is an OK option. Dakota is so very territorial of me that she will be miserable unless I do go.
 
I am not sure what Paul and Carl will be doing at Christmas. The funeral will be Monday ot Tuesday.
Wes who is Paul's son, will want Paul with him. He now has 4 little ones. Jason is about 9, 2 boys that are 3, and a baby girl that is 7 months.
David is Carl's adopted son, I am not sure if Carl will be up to going to be with his family or will need Paul to get him through the day. We are praying that Carl is more accepting of his Mother's death than he was about their Dad's.
There will be a lot of decisions to be made over the next few months between Paul and Carl. Carl is not working at present. There is a small loan attached to the house for their Mom's care from when she was (mis)placed in the Alzheimer's unit by David, 2 years ago.  
 
 
Well, I have my portion of the house to clean, before everything starts popping around here, LOL.......
Chris should be back from DC about the time that I pick up Amber.
 
For now,
Hugs,
SueO
 
Oh, I did talk to a lawyer by phone yesterday and he has asked me to send Claim Forms for both myself and my Mother for the Darvocet recall . He said he feels that both are viable/legitimate claims. More info about that to come, later, I am sure.
It does feel wonderful not to be constantly fighting constant mental confusion......that in itself is a blessing.......I thought that I "just had to put up with it". Mama's claim has to do with her heart failure causing her death.....she had the classic syndrome that is described in the Darvocet recall.
Mine has to do with the stroke, resp. Changes and continued weakness, fatigue, mental confusion.......that appear to have been  all caused by the med. ( not by my rheumatoid as I was orginally told.)
 
 

No comments: