www.latina-latino.com

Monday, December 20, 2010

Re: (CS4U) Re: Tuesday, already??

I don't know, they keep saying things are less expensive but that's not what I've noticed.  Especially food.
Yes I've noticed..after bills nothing left.
I do Christmas VERY simple. Sent a couple cards to people who don't have computers; the others went out on line.  One will arrive here for all of you on the 23rd. Yes I have a plan for inexpensive gift buying!  Only got gifts for 2 people on sale!  (My friend Sue and my mail man! [and their pets]). Well make it 3, Cupid has a new toy waiting. Just too many now to even think about trying to buy for....we stopped exchanging gifts years ago and don't get together like we used to.  Except for my brother and his wife, we have a couple times in recent years.  This year my brother is just going to stop by for a bit one day during the week.  I'll go to church and am invited to my friend's Sue's house for Christmas Eve. But I've been having all these health issues so wouldn't be up for much anyway. Not sure I'll make it to my friends house, I'll see.  Oh, I'm all decorated!!  (Christmas dish towel out!! ha ha!!) 
HUGS,
Toni

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 9:20 PM, LuAnn Phillips <lulafilippi@gmail.com> wrote:
Everything on sale of course!  Got all my offspring nice fluffy
blankets on sale for 1/2 price. For the nephews, they get winter hats
on sale for $4.99 each, the neices get a 2-pack of fluffy socks on
sale for $4.99, and whoever else, boxes of candy on sale for $4.99.
My son who lives with me also gets a nice pillow along with his
blanket. They were on sale buy one get one for $1.00, so I got myself
one too.  Son-in-law gets a coin sorter with his blanket ($4.99, was
$19.99), and my daughter gets a pair of slippers along with her
blanket.  My mom gets some extra socks along with her fuzzy socks.
Had to keep it real simple this year.  I bought my Secret Santa gift
for our work party last year on clearance, a nice set of Christmas
mugs in a pretty box, and that was $5.00 on clearance,(full price
$20.00)  Definitely on sale!
Sadly, as I was shopping, I noticed the sale prices were often MORE
than the regular prices were just a few years ago.  Got to really be
careful with money.

On 12/20/10, Tammy <singingwarrior@gmail.com> wrote:
> i rarely buy anything full price. On sale or I just wait.
>
> On Dec 14, 11:03 pm, "sue Johnson-overlin" <foxmeadow...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> We continue to have cold weather, but no snow so far.
>>
>> Today was my payday, so of course the first place on my agrnda was the
>> bank.
>> .....once that you pay the bills there sure is not much left !!
>> Has anyone else notice that?
>>
>> Since it was also my birthday, Chris and I went out to lunch. Lunch menus
>> are so much more affordable than dinner......
>>
>> Each of them had a small present for me and it sure meant a lot.
>>
>> Speaking of birthdays, can we put them on hold for a few years, or do they
>> just keep on coming?
>>
>> Sharing question for today...... " Is anyone having car trouble at this
>> time?
>> It is the holidays, the weather is becoming colder, and the ends of our
>> budgets are not quite meeting but waving to one another......so we are3
>> all
>> working to pull it all together.......
>> What clever thrifty ideas have you used this year to provide presents?"
>>
>> Jim's SUV is now here, so that gives us a reliable transportation rely on.
>> Jim was able to buy the part needed for Chris Ford focus from the deaker,
>> and put it on.....woohoo, we no longer have to carry to gallon jugs of
>> water
>> everywhere.
>> My car will not be repaired until Jan-Feb.
>>
>> One money saver has been, I have limited myself  on  howMuch that I have
>> spent on Chris 3 kids......normally, I would have spent a 100 on each but
>> this year, it was 30. I shopped on sales days, utilized all special
>> coupons,
>> and in Dakota's case ( who has more under the tree than anyone)......
>> I bought several items at some of the bazaars that was involved in....for
>> example....books that I would have paid $5 for , I was able to find for 50
>> cents to 1 dollar. ( they were nearly new items ).... For Chris snow
>> boots,
>> I was able to buy already on sale,plus for today it was buy one get one
>> half
>>   off.
>>
>> Hugs
>> sueO
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
> To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.
>
>


--
IMPORTANT: When you send ANY email message, INSERT the email addresses
in the "Bcc:" line - INSTEAD OF THE "To:" line. If you forward this
email, PLEASE delete any previous address history at the top of the
message, which includes my email address!! These 2 actions help
prevent SPAMMERS from mining the addresses and propagating VIRUSES. I
ALWAYS delete yours ... PLEASE do the same for me, before you send it
on.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: