www.latina-latino.com

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Re: (CS4U) Crown Ministry Small Group Financial Study (1)

This is fantastic!!!!  Thank you for sharing this with us!
HUGS,
Toni

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:54 PM, sue Johnson-overlin <foxmeadowsue@gmail.com> wrote:
Can't help but feeling VERY blessed as we completely missed this last winter snow storm.
As we were leaving worship, everyone was sighing that this winter has been so very mild.
We are wearing light jackets this week or  heavy sweaters .
 
Tomorrow I beginning the Crown Ministry classes, there is a lot of memorization, so I am prayerful that my gray cells hang in there !!
We had to read, Your Money Counts " by Howard Dayton before we could take the class.
 
Did you know that there is 2350 verses in the Bible that deal with money.?
The first chapter ( of Your Money Counts) says, "most Christians either do not know or have not applied God's financial principles to their lives".
***well, that is me, as I certainly did not have the knowledge of how to handle my finances)
 
Applying God's principles is crucial for 3 reasons
1. How we handle money affects our fellowship with the Lord. (Luke 16:11)

Luke 16:11 (King James Version)

 11If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

2. Possessions compete with the Lord. ( Mathew 6:24)

Matthew 6:24 (New International Version, ©2011)

   24 "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

 
3. Much of our life revolves around the use of money. earning , spending, needing......
 
The answer...... There are 2 basic alternatives ; the Bible  and the answers that people devise. The way most people handle money is in sharp contrast to God's financial principles. Isaiah 55:8

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version, ©2011)

 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   Neither are your ways my ways,"    
Declares the LORD.

 
 
The chapter ends with this verse.
( Learning to be content)
Philippians 4:11-13
I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know whatit is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Him who gives me strength
 
I can not read the above passage without choking up.
 
So, as I take this journey over the next 10 weeks, I will be sharing a daily message like this offering some nuggets from the books and lessons.
 
I pray that this is edifying to each of you.
 
All my love
sue

 
 
 
 
 
 
Letter by Suzan
Oct. 05
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: