www.latina-latino.com

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

(CS4U) "Blizzard of 2011" just checking in

Well Chicago proper got it very bad and they are still being affected.  Closings, public transportation not all up and running, etc.  Most flights cancelled from both airports.  Many things there such as schools, etc., will still be closed tomorrow.  Still a mess; hundreds of cars stuck on Lake Shore Drive, etc., etc., etc. 
Out here things are pretty much back to normal. Schools will be open, etc. 
Fortunately I am far enough out away from the city that it wasn't quite as bad here. I'm not affected by the lake.  Lost power about 3 times but briefly, no consequence. My lines here are underground which helps.  The older part of town still has the power lines outside. It was very windy, my building shook and tree branches blowing against my roof, no visibility, etc.  But by this morning it has passed.  Chicago had a lot more power outages that lasted.
My car was buried but my neighbor's dug me out this evening because the association plows were out to clean the parking spaces. Each condo unit has  2 assigned parking spaces or 1 assigned space and a garage.  I have the 2 spaces.  First they do the lot (and build a wall behind your car); Then they want you to move your car to your other spot so they can clean those spots.  My neighbor's were wonderful.  They not only let me know the plow was out and that I needed to clean and move my car (a job that would of been VERY hard on me), but they completely cleaned off my car, shoveled it out so I just backed out into my other space which had already been plowed!  They even dug a path so I wouldn't have to walk in the deep snow!!!  I was so, so relieved!! 
We're going to have wind chill warnings so everything will freeze so all the more reason I was so happy they helped me!!  I'm not  stranded! In the cold at least you can still get around as long as you keep a full tank so your gas lines don't freeze but when you get 20+" of snow it's a different story.
So a little more snow Friday and I think Monday, but normal. And now the Very cold.....
HUGS,
Toni
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: