www.latina-latino.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

(CS4U) Daily Worship - In Christ Alone - Adrienne Liesching; Geoff Moore

 
 
 
 
 
 
From: Gloria  
Ever hear a song that reaches down into your heart, grabs hold, drags it up to your brain and combines them in such a way that the song is now literally part of you?  That's how I feel about this song.  Oh, the story it tells of our Savior's love, of His pain and sacrifice and His total propitiation for our sins.  Oh, what a glorious Redeemer!  I dare you to hear this song and not want to cry and cry out all at the same time!
 
In Christ Alone
(The Lord is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in Him.  Lamentations 3:24)
 
In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease;
My Comforter, my All in All;
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
 
In Christ alone who took on flesh;
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save;
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.
 
There in the ground His body lay;
Light of the world by darkness slain.
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine,
Bought with the precious blood of Christ!
 
No guilt in life, no fear in death;
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
'Til He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand!!
 
 
Oh, sweet Savior!  How I love this song for it speaks of You - Your majesty, Your victory, Your love and Your power!  You are everything we need.  Easter week is hard.  We are reminded of the horrendous pain and suffering You chose to endure because we needed a Savior!  But we must never forget that Easter week culminates on Sunday!  The Resurrection is what gives us hope, salvation and a future!  You conquered death and sin.  You gave us life in Your name!  Oh, praise You, beautiful One, praise You forever.  Amen!
 
 
 
"But what does it say? 'The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart' - that is, the word of faith whch we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation." 
Romans 10:8-10
 
Join my Yahoo Groups:
 
 
Please do not post my creations on websites or in groups that also post AC/SAC material.
  My work is meant to honor the Lord God and I would be ashamed to see it displayed in such company. 
 
Graphic by WWW
Font: Splendid
July - 2010
 
Image from shares, scans, or www
This is a private e-mail and is covered by
Title 18, Part I, Chapter 47, Sec. 1030
and Internet Privacy Law.
 
 
 
 

No comments: