www.latina-latino.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

(CS4U) Facebook

I don't know how long I'll stay again this time...BUT I have learned more about privacy settings.  First you need not to have your search setting to everyone.  They used to offer a "no one" but now it's a choice between friends and everyone.
Secondly there are 2 drop down menus to make your site secure so when you log in it says https, not just http.
Also I found out even if you are not friends with a person anyone friends or others that play any games can access your info!!!!  I have all games, apps, etc., BLOCKED.  I no longer play any games and refuse and then block any app/game I am invited to.
Your Profile Page needs to be edited so only people you want seing it can.  I have just friends, not even friends of friends; same for friend requests. 
And then of course you can always defriend a person.  If anything bad you can report them.  When you click on the "X" to hide a post there is an option to report them.  I imagine if you know the name you can contact FB directly and report them.
I saw a post today about the F word being used.  So far I haven't seen it but when I read her post telling about it I replied that if I get one I probably would deactivate my account.
It's a shame because it COULD be a good thing.  But as usual there are always people out there to spoil it. 
You can even specify who sees what (including pic's) by naming those you do not want to see whatever it is.  I also thing there is a place so you cannot be tagged in a picture.
Hearing these stories about your daughter's are very, very scary.  NEVER display the town you live in, where you work, etc., etc.  Many women say they are married (and are not).  The privacy settings and account settings change and need to be checked all the time.  There is one site I do belong to and it's Knows Issues on Facebook...it's on my page for those of you who my friend and can see my page. 
Also make sure the "Enable" box is NOT CHECKED to download info.  That makes your info available on all other social sites!!  It's a shame but you really do have to be careful.  If I don't know a person very well, even if I kinda know them I don't accept their friend request.  People can usually see their friends and if you're on their list they can get to your page so make it practically blank to anyone who is not already a friend.
Gosh,  I really got into this one. 
HUGS,
Ton

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: