www.latina-latino.com

Monday, April 18, 2011

Re: (CS4U) Welcome David

Sue, thank you for filling me in on some of the details with the
members and especially for the warm welcome.

I have been living in S.E. Arizona, where the Lord literally
transplanted me on the 2nd day of 1987, in the national forest of all
places. It has been a struggle that I would not wish on my worst
enemy, and there is no shortage of them here, since I arrived. I have
been trying to be faithful in the midst of a very wicked and hateful
environment, since I moved into town, a small ex-mining town. I have
been shot at twice, physically threatened as recently as TODAY by my
new and very wicked neighbor, who did so after I resisted letting him
try to swindle me out of my property that basically represents my life
savings. I have learned the hard way that when you truly become a
threat to the "enemy" by devoting your life totally to the Lord, he
can be relentless at times. Most of the people that I have told my
story to have either thought that I was crazy, a liar or somewhere in
between.

Other than a small personal blog at the Salem Network group of sites,
this is the first Christian online group that I have joined, except
that within one day I also joined "Prayers Online".
I will do my best to pray for as many as possible in the midst of this
craziness that The Lord has placed me in. I also ask that as many as
read this please try to pray for me also. I will have to stop for now
because the tears are making it hard to see the keys.
Thank you again
David

On 4/18/11, SueJohnson <kingzkidzsue@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear David,
> Welcome to our cyber family of single mature Christians, as most of us fall
> between the ages of 40-70.
> There seems to be such a BIG gap in having a safe place online to have
> Christian friends, and to talk about our walks as single or single again
> Christians.
> This group was started a few years back, and we have been super active at
> times. At one point, our volume was around 80-100 messages a day....now
> adter a time of restructure in the lives of several of our core members, we
> are in a season of rebirth .
>
> PaulO from Idaho actually started this group. I joined as a new widow within
> the first 90 days, Tammy in Texas joined within the second 90 day period.
> Tami in Nevada, Nanny Sue in Alabama, Francis in Alabama, Janice in Ky and a
> few others who are still sporadically active all joined in the first year.
>
> Then during the second year, we saw LuAnne in upper Michigan, Brenbear in
> Nebraska, Mary in Montana, Toni in Chicago and 5-6 more who I still see
> posting every few months to update us.
>
> There are so many precious people who tie into this group....
>
> We are not a dating site, however we have had several who have met and
> married, but that has not been our primary focus. A warm and fuzzy place to
> come, share, and talk is our focus.
>
> I have not been as active as I have in past years as I readjust to a new
> lifestyle (again).....I REALLY hate moving but the Lord has seen fit to send
> me to a number of places in my lifetime. I have learned to 1) never say "I
> am not moving again", 2) to open my mind and heart to the Lord, as where he
> needs me and 3) to be content with what He gives me in life.
>
> Today, I am living in southern MD on the coast, in the bottom peninsula just
> across the Chesapeake Bay from Va. Good crab country....We are about 45
> minutes outside Washington DC, where the traffic is something.....
> However, it is not as bad as the L.A. Freeway in Ca.
>
> I am sharing a home with my daughter and her 3 children. I came to help
> stabilize her economically during and after a divorce. Up until that time,
> we had lived in the Jacksonville , Fl area for about 10 years.Since the
> older set of twins are juniors in high school, we remain here.
>
> PaulO in Idaho and I married about 6-7 years ago. But Paul has had to spend
> more time in Idaho these past 3 years than with me. Family issues are
> keeping him there, he will continue to remain there indefinitely . Both Paul
> and I have had to develop a peace about it all. But the reality of a long
> term separation that may never be resolved has been major adjustments....we
> are on very good terms with one another, and talk daily by phone.
>
> David, we welcome and urge you to participate in the conversations, we need
> the voice of a Godly man....
>
> Right now, it is my focus to send a personal Southern MD update once or
> twice a week, send a crossword puzzle, jigsaw puzzle, Bible word search, a
> music ministry post, and 1 or 2 devos a day.
>
> Recently, my study has taken me into examining the prayers in Psalms and
> examine how we can use them today.So, I am trying to include one of those
> prayers 2-3 times a week.
>
> I ask that you pray for me, as I regain my footing to be able to love up on
> this group as I need to be on a daily basis.
>
> Have a good and God filled week !!
> sue....
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
> To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.
>
>


--
http://about.me/490-Lord-MySavior7/bio
http://thenountaineer.wordpress.com
http://www.google.com/profiles/davebrigg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christian_Singles_4U" group.
To post to this group, send email to christian_singles_4u@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to christian_singles_4u+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/christian_singles_4u?hl=en.

No comments: